Amzar the Truth Seeker

Amzar the Truth Seeker
I travel and fights for Islam

Monday 30 January 2012

the dawn-Miri

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to fellow readers.
How're you today? Or better, how are your deeds today? Surely I hope that we should not have any problems regarding our akidah and Iman. Right now, I'm currently studying in Miri, Sarawak. I met with a few Arabic Muslims from Oman. They walked out of the Meeting Room. They're not just by themselves. They walked with all students from Oman. To be polite, I approached a friendly looking Omanese and spoke with them. I asked them what happened. One of them, named Umar, said that one of their female friend were raped. How shocked am I to hear such news. The Oman Ambassador even came in discussing such matters. Later then, we have a little chat after a brief introduction.

Umar's a kind person. He knew well about Islam but he probably not in my Mazhab stream which is Syafi'e. So after that, I asked them about the matter regarding the girl. Umar said; I don't think that we should blame the rapist totally. I wouldn't involve myself with this matter because for me, it is the girl's fault too. Why? Because back in Oman, she covered her aurat well. She covered her whole body except her hands and her face. She was covered in black too. But when she arrives here, she changed. She wore a thight shirt, her headscarf loosen, tight jeans etc etc.

Umar even gave me an analogy; If a guy went into a pub, drink a liquor served by a waiter and then he's drunk. Whose fault is it? The guy that walked into the pub or the waiter that served the drink? He really opened my mind. I thought that this guy will surely blame the rapist and I already felt ashamed because the rapist is Malaysian but it turned out otherwise. His thinking are based on Islam and he did not turn out to be bias towards his countryman. or woman. So that evening I played rugby and went home at 7 o'clock in the evening. My thoughts about the incident still lurks in my mind. I hope that I can study more about Islam during my travel and journey, searching for an- Nur and hidayah from Allah the Most Compassionate and The Most Merciful. Wallahualam.

So, that's it today for my update and I hope that may Allah permit me, wills me to write more about Islam during my journey here. May Allah bless us and place us in Jannah insya-Allah.
Wassalam

1 comment:

  1. indeed, university life has really opened up our eyes on how we think and reason..

    ReplyDelete